Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Stylerunner's Julie Stevanja on success

We caught up with CEO and founder of Stylerunner Julie Stevanja to chat about health, fitness and her career.

ON CAREER

I launched Stylerunner in 2012 and we have enjoyed some great success so far. We have so many plans for the future so it’s an extremely exciting time. Prior to starting Stylerunner, I was working for a tech start-up in Europe.

ON MY DEFINITION OF SUCCESS

Defining success is a bit of a trap that some people fall into. For me, success should include a number of elements to ensure you are really seeing the whole picture. The fact that I am working for myself, feel challenged every day and have a great team around me makes me feel more successful than any amount of money could ever achieve.

ON MY TOP THREE SUCCESS TIPS

Prioritise your work better: focus on what’s important not what’s urgent.

Exercise before work rather than after it: you will activate your brain, meaning you will be more alert and effective by the time you hit the office.

Read more professional books: I am a sucker for an inspiring paperback and find that I gain so much new knowledge through learning about the experiences of others. It’s also a great way to keep you motivated and rest your eyes from our digital world. Set a goal of one book per month to start with.

ON MY MENTOR

I have a number of mentors that I am lucky enough to consistently learn from – old bosses, investors and even my sister Jasna. It’s important to ask for advice when you need it. It’s impossible to know everything but it is possible to learn most things.

Stylerunner.com // @juliestevanja // @stylerunner

 

{nomultithumb}

 


Read more ...
More détails